- To support path-breaking research on pension and development within Nigeria and the West African Sub-Region
To inform policies and practices in pensions through strategic partnerships with policymakers and thought leaders.
In addition to undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the discipline of pension, Abuja School of Pension and Retirement Planning has established a center dedicated to research in pensions.
The APS Centre would provide a platform for a research-based Nigerian network of pension organizations that stimulates leading-edge thinking and practice about pension management. It would bring together prominent pension organizations, academic institutions, research partners across the country.
The main product of the center will be the Journal of Pension Administration and Management with a focus on developing conference papers, publication of pension and retirement planning articles and books.
The Center’s main objective is to encourage multidisciplinary collaboration by joining students and faculty on the one-hand with policy makers and business leaders on pensions from an economic and financial perspective. It would be dedicated to stimulating creative dialogue between the oretical, applied policy-oriented and rigorous empirical research to expand the frontiers in the development of pension, savings culture, long term investment perspectives and retirement planning issues.
The ARC will aim to:
- Undertake quality research in all fields related to pensions;
- Bring together internationally renowned experts from across many different disciplines – including economics, finance, insurance,
actuarial science, accounting, corporate governance, law and
- Employ an interdisciplinary approach will enhance strategic
thinking towards the development of new solutions to the complex pensions challenges facing states, coorporates and individuals;
- Communicate research results to academics, practitioners and policy
- Contribute to and develop international networks of pensions
experts from a variety of disciplines;
- Provide expert advice to the pensions industry and government.